Saturday, March 12, 2011


Hi, it's Marlene here. For my project, with inspiration from Donna, I completed an altered object using my Cricut Expression. I bought a plain mailbox at the hardware store. I cut Cricut vinyl using From My Kitchen for the numbers. The oval is from George set on silhouette mode and was superimposed over the numbers with Design Studio. I used the weld option with DS so I could work with the total project as one piece. The numbers on the flag side of the box are slightly smaller to make room to swing the flag up or down. I sized the stencil for the door even smaller to fit.

The negative cut was used to create a stencil and all areas of the box that I didn't want to paint were covered. Several coats of white paint were sprayed over the stencil (the exposed parts of the mailbox were all that was painted). I bought Krylon glow in the dark paint which was sprayed for the final coats. The numbers are reflective and glow which is perfect for a rural mailbox with a house number. Now I'm ready to receive some scrappy goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment